6 Ways to Unlock Healthy, Luxurious Hair with Natural Solutions
Who doesn’t want luxurious, shiny, healthy, thick and strong hair?
But before you rush to buy yet another hair care treatment routine that is chock full of chemicals, READ THIS!
There is so much you can do to improve the health of your hair from the inside out. Remember, food and lifestyle choice impact everything.
Here are a few key pointers to remember for hair health:
1. Get your zzz's- Sleep impacts my hair?? Yes! Sleep impacts everything from energy to metabolism to gut health, hair, skin, and more. If you want to help your body repair at night and keep daytime stress at bay (which can lead to hair loss) make sure you get adequate sleep.
2. Boost Nutrient Density- Nutrient insufficiencies can absolutely lead to hair thinning, excessive hair loss, and other unwanted symptoms. Nutrients must be sufficient to support the body to function. You want to start by getting adequate nutrients from locally grown organic whole foods that are naturally nutrient dense- meaning good quality carbohydrates, protein, healthy fat, fiber, water, etc. Then you may also need to supplement! We have a test that tells all in terms of what nutrients you are actually insufficient in on a cellular level.
3. Remove food sensitivities/inflammatory foods- We don’t guess, we test to know what causes you inflammation. Inflammatory foods cause a host of symptoms like gas, bloating, reflux, brain fog, fatigue, irritability, skin issues, hormonal irregularities, and yes, they also impact the health of your hair. Because the body is always adjusting to what you take in every day, you may not even realize how much certain foods are impacting your health until you pull them out for a period of time to heal.
4. Ditch the chemicals- While they may feel nice on your hair, so many products on the market contain harmful chemicals that are wreaking havoc on your hormonal health! These are “endocrine disruptors”, allergens, and even toxins that can lead to diseases like cancer. Unfortunately, the U.S. doesn’t protect us from this bombardment of chemicals, so we must protect ourselves. Start switching to high quality toxin free products (like Immunocologie!) and check out ratings on apps like EWG and Think Dirty. Slowly begin cleaning up your shower routine
5. Check your water- not only do you need to drink high quality filtered water daily, you also need a filter for the water coming out of your shower head and sinks! The water quality really does vary depending on where you live, and it can absolutely be hurting your hair health (and skin) more than you realize.
6. Check your Thyroid- while many different functional elements can contribute to unwanted hair loss and poor hair health, many times it’s due to an overlooked Thyroid or Autoimmune condition. We need Functional Testing to get to the root of what may be causing brittle, weak, dry, lackluster hair in a way that western testing simply doesn’t cover. Once we support our thyroid and hormones to work optimally, getting to the root cause of the issue rather than spot treating with drugs, supplements, and products, we will save ourselves money, time, and stress! Please don’t put a bandaid on it - understand why you have hair concerns in the first place (and don’t always assume it’s genetic/you can’t do anything about it either!).
There’s even more that can be done to support your hair, whether you are dealing with issues or want an upgrade. Contact us to customize a nutrient and lifestyle plan that perfectly suits you without having to search all over the internet!