Overlooked Secret to Wellness
Did you know there’s no such thing as a “perfect diet”?
While food has a tremendous impact on your mental, physical, and emotional health, it can’t fix what’s going on in other areas of your life, be it relationships, career, finances, etc.
But there is something you can do for yourself and others that boosts your internal and external wellness no matter what. It’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face and it’s FREE.
Small simple acts of kindness go a long way towards completely shifting the framework of your day.
Science is even proving the internal benefits of acts of kindness and generosity on health! It can reduce aches and pains, and protects your health twice as much as aspirin protects against heart disease. That’s incredibly powerful!
The key to making anything a part of your health and wellness routine is to make it a habit. So here are several ways you can choose kindness each day and create a positive ripple effect of health in your body and in your community.
1. Hold the door for someone else
2. Offer to help an elderly person cross the street safely
3. Compliment your co-worker
4. Offer to babysit the kids of someone you know so they can have a night off
5. Offer someone an extra long hug when they are feeling down
6. Phone a friend or family member and tell them you love them
7. Make some extra coffee or tea and offer it to a neighbor
8. Write a thank you card to someone for something they did for you
9. Write “I love you” on a post-it note and stick it in your kids’ lunch and/or your partner’s bag (I do this one every day!)
10. Lend a stranger a helping hand
Above and beyond being generous to others, it’s important that we practice being kind to ourselves. We tend to be our own worst critic which can negatively impact our internal health and wellbeing.
Here are some ways to be kind to yourself today!
1. Start your day by saying “Today’s going to be a great day” when you get up!
2. Write down 5 things you are grateful for
3. Put your hand on your heart and say “thank you” to yourself and your body
4. Look in the mirror and give yourself 3 compliments
5. Wear something that makes your feel confident and strong, just because
6. Pack yourself a delicious lunch
7. Take a long walk in nature
8. Listen to uplifting music (dance in your living room!)
9. Write down 3 positive affirmation statements about your character
10. Lay down and listen to some binaural beats in the evening before bed
Finding ways you can be kind both to yourself and others is the fastest, easiest way to feeling happier and healthier in your day-to-day life.